Experience the same half-press for focus, full-press to shoot function as your dry-land photography with the AquaTech Elite II D850 Underwater Camera Housing. Designed for use with the Nikon D850 DSLR, the housing's electronic shutter controls (one for portrait, one for landscape) provide a sensation similar to the camera's half-press shutter function, allowing the user to easily determine the half-press for focus and full-press for shutter release.
The Elite II's other controls are mechanical, providing easy access to important camera functions, and its ergonomic design and side grip afford optimal handling and comfort. The housing's polyurethane body has reinforced quick release clips and tactile controls made of stainless steel, aluminium, and high-strength plastics. All the aluminium parts have been anodised for resistance to corrosion and other wear and tear.
A flash bulkhead sync connector, supplied with AquaTech flash housings, enables the Elite II to work with separately available accessories such as external strobe units and pocket wizards. A threaded 1/4"-20 mounting point at the bottom of the housing enables connection to an optional tripod or tray. The enclosure ships without a required lens port and accepts a series of ports for a wide range of lenses.
- Depth Rating: 10 m
- Designed for shallow water and surface use, and shouldn't be operated at depths beyond 15' for more than 5 minutes
Controls, Handling, and Operation
- Dual electronic shutter releases mimic half-press focus camera function
- Tactile mechanical push-button and knob/dial controls provide easy access to important camera functions, including menu, playback, zoom in/out, 5-way multi-controller, live view/video button, AF-ON, back dial
- Ergonomic design and side grip afford optimal handling and comfort
- Camera plate bolts to bottom of camera and slides into mount inside housing
- Separately sold M3 Pistol Grip also offers half-press functionality
- Body crafted from durable polyurethane
- Blue front, top and sides, clear back for camera visibility
- Controls made of stainless steel, aluminium, and high-strength plastics
- All aluminium parts anodised for resistance to corrosion and other wear and tear
- 1/4"-20 tripod mount
Lens Port System
- Ships without required lens port
- Accepts a series of ports for a wide range of lenses
- For complete compatibility information, see Port Chart linked above
External Strobe Use
- Flash bulkhead sync connector, supplied with AquaTech flash housings, provides compatibility with flash units and pocket wizards
- Housing ships without required sync cord