Biometric Passport and Visa Photos
Camera Electronic is able to take and process your Biometric Passport and Visa photos.
The regulations and requirements for many passport photos and visa photos must conform with the new world wide biometric passport standards. Our professional passport photo studio in both of our Perth locations is superbly equipped to handle Passport Photo and Visas requirements and our staff are both knowledgeable and helpful.
Biometric passports were first introduced in 2006, and contain information that allows more reliable verification of the passport holder’s identity, together with improved anti-fraud measures. Because of this, the requirements for the photos used in biometric passports is much stricter than for non-biometric.
The following is a guide to making sure the photo you submit with your passport application complies with current requirements, and therefore reduces the risk of your application being rejected.
All photos submitted with an application must be
• Taken within the last month prior to applying
• In colour
• On plain, white photographic paper with no border
• On a plain cream or light grey background
• Clear and in focus
• Free from creases or tears
• A close-up of full head and shoulders only
• Free from objects and other people
There are also several requirements of what the image itself can and cannot show or include. Although some edits and adjustments are possible after the photo has been taken, the task is made much easier by getting as much right as you can “in camera”. The subject in the photo must demonstrate the following
• Facing straight forward and looking at the camera
• Have a neutral expression with no smiling or frowning
• Eyes open and visible, and mouth closed
• No reflection or glare from glasses. It is preferred that photos are taken without glasses
• No hair in front of the eyes
• No hairbands, slides or other decoration
• No hat or head covering unless for religious or medical grounds and all facial features must still be visible
• No clothing or objects in front of the face
• No “red eye” from a camera flash
• No shadows on the subject or background
We advise you not to take a chance with your passport or visa application. If the submitted photos are incorrect your application will be refused causing stressful delays and even unforeseen expense.
We guarantee to get your photos right first time which means that your application will not be rejected on the grounds of an incorrect photos. Ask for your certificate of compliance to take to the Post office with you. You can pop into our professional passport studios 6 days a week and you don't even need an appointment. The results are ready usually within ten minutes.