Bringing well-rounded shooting capabilities to the medium format realm, the Hasselblad H6D-100c revolves around an impressive 100MP 53.4 x 40mm CMOS sensor to produce high-resolution stills as well as UHD 4K video. Making use of the CMOS design, this sensor affords a wide sensitivity range of ISO 64-12800, along with 16-bit color depth and a dynamic range of up to 15 stops to maintain notable detail and quality when working in the most difficult of lighting conditions. Coupled with an enhanced electronic platform with faster processing capabilities, continuous shooting speeds up to 1.5 fps are possible, as well as the ability to shoot both UHD 4K and Full HD video at 30 fps in the Hasselblad RAW format. Now suitable for multimedia image-makers, the H6D maintains its exceptional stills recording capabilities and adds versatile video recording abilities to its skill-set.
Beyond imaging, the H6D also sports improved connectivity with the inclusion of a USB 3.0 Type-C connector for fast 5 Gbps transfer speeds and more fluid tethered shooting performance. The back itself incorporates a bright, clear 3.0" 920k-dot touchscreen LCD monitor for live view shooting and intuitive settings control, and a Mini HDMI port is available for working with larger external monitors. In-camera saving is possible via dual memory cards slots—one CFast slot and one SD slot—and files can also be saved remotely when shooting tethered over USB 3.0. Built-in Wi-Fi can also be used in conjunction with iOS devices running the Phocus Mobile app, which permits wireless remote control of the camera as well as the ability to preview imagery and browse files.
100MP CMOS Sensor
Revolving around a large 100MP CMOS sensor, measuring 53.4 x 40.0mm, the H6D-100c is capable of capturing an extremely wide dynamic range of up to 15 stops along with vivid 16-bit color depth. When combined with the Hasselblad Natural Color Solution, tonal transitions and skin tones show immense depth, detail, and clarity for lifelike image quality, even in dark shadow and bright highlight regions. To suit working in a variety of lighting conditions, a sensitivity range of ISO 64-12800 is available, and still files are saved in the Hasselblad 3FR raw file format.
Updated Electronic Platform
An improved electronic processing platform offers quicker performance throughout the camera system, along with more flexible connectivity options. A continuous shooting rate of up to 1.5 fps is available, along with an expanded buffer compared to previous H-series cameras for longer sustained shooting. This platform also expedites the handling of the large image sizes and permits recording both UHD and Full HD video.
UHD 4K and Full HD Video
In addition to high-resolution stills shooting, the H6D can also record both UHD 4K and Full HD 1080p video at 30 fps. Video can be saved in the proprietary Hasselblad RAW format, which can be converted to the edit-friendly Apple ProRes format using Phocus 3.0 software. Full HD video can also be saved in the H.264 compressed format for greater editing flexibility with a variety of software options.
System Design and Connectivity
- Built-in 3.0" 920k-dot touchscreen LCD affords intuitive control over settings navigation and adjustment, and also permits bright, clear live view monitoring.
- USB 3.0 Type-C connector offers transfer speeds of up to 5 Gbps for quick and responsive tethered live view and stills capture.
- In addition to tethered shooting, dual memory card slots are incorporated into the back for flexible storage capabilities. One CFast card can be used for fast read/write speeds, which are necessary for continuous shooting or UHD 4K video recording, and one SD slot is provided for backup storage and wide compatibility with existing cards and card readers.
- Benefitting video applications, as well as working with the back on technical view cameras, a Mini HDMI port permits use of an optional external monitor for clear monitoring. Additional, audio in/out ports are provided for more flexible control over audio recording during video.
- Built-in Wi-Fi enables working with an iOS mobile device and the Phocus Mobile app for remote camera control, wireless image previews, and file browsing.
- Compatible with the updated range of HC and HCD lenses, which feature an improved leaf shutter unit for increased shutter and flash sync speeds of up to 1/2000 sec.
- Designed within a modular system, the H6D is comprised of the digital back, camera body, and an included HVD 90x viewfinder. Beyond the included components, additional optional viewfinders, film backs, and other accessories can also be used in conjunction with the digital back or the H6D body.
- Phocus 3.0 is a free image processing software that complements the H6D's capabilities, and enables raw file processing for both stills and video, as well as a range of editing capabilities, including automatic moiré detection and the ability to work with adjustment layers for applying exposure, white balance, and color corrections.
Hasselblad H6D-100c Medium Format DSLR Camera
Resolution 100 MP (11600 x 8700 pixels)
- 53.4 x 40.0 mm CMOS sensor
- IR filter mounted in front of CMOS sensor
Pixel Size 4.6 x 4.6 μm
Bit Depth 16-bit
Dynamic range approx. 15 stops
File Formats Hasselblad RAW 3FR
- RAW 3FR capture 120 MB on average
- TIFF 8-bit: 289 MB
Color Management System Hasselblad Natural Color Solution
- 1x CFast card slot
- 1x SD card slot
Shooting Modes Single shot stills or video
Capture Rate 1.5 fps
- Focus Autofocus metering with passive central cross-type sensor
- Ultra focus digital feedback
- Instant manual focus override
- Metering range: EV 1 to 19 at ISO 100
Lens Compatibility Hasselblad H system lens line with integral central lens shutter
Shutter Speeds 60 min. to 1/2000 sec. (depending on lens in use)
ISO Range ISO 64, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600, 3200, 6400, 12800
- Spot: EV 2 to 21
- Center Weighted: EV 1 to 21
- CenterSpot: EV 1 to 21
- UHD 4K: 3840 x 2160p at 30 fps
- Full HD: 1920 x 1080p at 30 fps
- Hasselblad RAW: HD and UHD
- H.264 compressed: HD only
Connectivity Mini HDMI and audio in/out ports
External Flash Connection Yes; hot shoe and flash sync port
Max Sync Speed Flash can be used at all shutter speeds with central shutter lens
- Automatic TTL center weighted system
- Uses built-in flash or flashes compatible with SCA3002 (Metz)
- Output can be adjusted from -3 to +3EV
- For manual flashes a built-in metering system is available
- HVD 90x
- 90° eye-level viewfinder with diopter adjustment from -5 to +3.5 Image magnification 3.1x
- Built-in flash (GN 39.4' / 12 m @ ISO 100)
- TTL-compatible hot shoe for optional Metz SCA3002-system flashes
- 3.0" 920k-dot touchscreen LCD
- 24-bit color
Histogram Yes; on rear display and camera grip
Connectivity USB 3.0 Type-C connector, Mini HDMI, audio in/out
Wi-Fi Built-in; 802.11a/b/g/n
System & Software Requirements
- Phocus for Mac and Windows: Mac OS X 10.9 or later
- Windows 10, 8, 7 (32- and 64-bit), Vista, and XP
Battery Type Rechargeable lithium-ion battery (7.2 VDC, 3200 mAh)
Operating Temperature 14 to 113°F / -10 to 45°C
Dimensions 6.0 x 5.2 x 8.1" / 153 x 131 x 205 mm (complete camera with HC 80mm f/2.8 lens)
Weight 4.7 lb / 2130 g (with battery, card, and optional HC 80mm f/2.8 lens)
Package Weight 3.63 kg
Box Dimensions (LxWxH) 0.31 x 0.3 x 0.2 m
|Unit Of Measure