Hoya 46mm Circular-Polariser HD Glass Filter
- Circular Polariser Filter
- Helps to Eliminate Reflections and Glare
- Reduces Haze in Landscapes
- Greater Colour and Tonal Saturation
- 8-Layer Anti-Reflective HD Multi-Coating
- Water and Oil Repellent
- 46mm Front Filter Threads
- Plastic Case
The Hoya 46mm HD Circular Polariser Filter helps to reduce reflections and glare by filtering out light that has become polarised due to reflection from a non-metallic surface. The light from the sun naturally becomes partially polarised due to reflecting off electrons in air molecules, causing the light to scatter into what appears as haze. A polarising filter arranges, and filters, this directionally polarised light perpendicularly to the reflected light, allowing for the absorption of much of this light. This results in a noticeable reduction of glare and reflections from non-metallic surfaces and an increase in the saturation of skies and foliage.
A circular polariser only differs from a linear polariser in that it contains a quarter wave plane in addition to the linear polarising filter. The addition of this quarter wave plane is to circularly polarise the linearly polarised light for the use of auto focus and exposure functions. Due to how the light is broken down and filtered with a linear polariser, auto focus and exposure accuracy become skewed during use. When the light becomes circularly polarised, it permits the use of these functions.
To prevent internal ghosting and reflections, the glass surface includes an 8-layer anti-reflective HD Multi-Coating. This offers further protection to the filter substrate and makes it water and oil repellent as well as scratch and stain resistant. This filter features a thin filter ring to minimise the potential for vignetting while enhancing durability and jamming prevention and has 46mm front filter threads. Additionally, it comes with a protective case.
- Helps to reduce reflections and glare by filtering out light that has become polarised due to reflection from a non-metallic surface.
- Polarising filters arrange, and filter, directionally polarised light perpendicularly to the reflected light, allowing for the absorption of much of the light.
- Clears up haze in distant landscapes and provides more saturated, vivid colours.
- Strongest effect when used at a 90° angle from the sun.
- Circular polarisers are ideal for use with digital cameras and autofocus lenses where a linear polariser will often disrupt auto exposure and focus features.
- Eight-layer HD Multi-Coating to prevent internal ghosting and reflections. Also, it is water and oil repellent as well as scratch and stain resistant.
- Glass is mounted with High Pressure Press Technology to ensure glass does not loosen up over time.
- Plastic filter case for storage and transport.
Filter Type : Circular Polarising
Filter System : Circular