Laowa 12mm f/2.8 Zero-D Lens for Nikon F (Black)
- F-Mount Lens/FX Format
- Aperture Range: f/2.8 to f/22
- Three Extra-Low Dispersion Elements
- Two Aspherical Elements
- Rectilinear Design, Low Distortion
- Frog Eye Dust & Water-Repellent Coating
- Manual Focus Design
- Floating Optical Design
- Built-In Petal-Shape Lens Hood
A truly wide-angle prime featuring a rectilinear optical design, the black Nikon F-mount Laowa 12mm f/2.8 Zero-D from Venus Optics is specifically meant to limit distortion for clear and accurate portrayals of landscapes and architectural subjects. The optical construction also incorporates a pair of aspherical elements and three extra-low dispersion elements to control both spherical and chromatic aberrations for improved sharpness and reduced color fringing. A Frog Eye Coating has been applied, too, to repel dust and moisture from the front element of the lens to benefit working in trying environmental conditions. Benefitting the optical attributes, this lens also features a precise manual focus design along with a floating optical system to maintain accurate rendering throughout the focus range, from 7.09" to infinity. Additionally, a petal-shaped lens hood is also incorporated into the lens' design to reduce flare and ghosting when working in strong lighting conditions.
- Ultra wide-angle prime designed for FX-format Nikon F-mount DSLRs, this 12mm f/2.8 can also be used with DX models where it provides an 18mm equivalent focal length.
- Bright f/2.8 maximum aperture is well-suited to working in low and difficult lighting conditions.
- Rectilinear design renders subjects with minimal distortion in order to suit landscape and architectural applications.
- Three extra-low dispersion elements reduce chromatic aberrations and color fringing for increased clarity and color neutrality. Two aspherical elements are also featured to limit spherical aberrations for improved sharpness.
- A Frog Eye Coating has been applied to repel both dust and moisture for added protection when working in inclement conditions.
- Manual focus design employs a floating optical system to maintain performance throughout the focusing range of 7.09" to infinity.
- Built-in petal-shaped lens hood shields the lens from stray light to reduce flare and ghosting and also protects the front elements from accidental impacts.
Lens Format Coverage : Full Frame Lenses
Lens Type : Ultra-Wide Angle
Focus Type : Manual Focus
Image Stabilisation : No
Maximum Aperture : f/2.8
Minimum Aperture : f/22
Zoom/Primes : Prime Lenses
Colour : Black
Filter Size : None
Kit : No
Lens Dimensions (D x L) : 74.8 x 82.8 mm
Weight : 0.609000