Samyang 14mm f/2.8 Auto Focus UMC II Lens for Canon EF
- EF-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/2.8 to f/22
- One Extra-Low Dispersion Element
- Two Aspherical and Four HRI Elements
- Ultra Multi-Coating
- Autofocus, AF/MF Switch
- Weather-Sealed Construction
- Rounded, Seven-Blade Diaphragm
Suitable for landscapes, nature, and astrophotography, the Canon EF-mount AF 14mm f/2.8 from Samyang is a bright ultra-wide prime characterised by its autofocus design and immense field of view. The optical design features one extra-low dispersion element, two aspherical elements, and four high refractive index elements, which help to reduce a variety of aberrations and distortions for greater sharpness, clarity, and colour rendering. An Ultra Multi-Coating has also been applied to individual elements to suppress lens flare and ghosting for improved contrast when working in strong lighting conditions. Complementing the optical design, the autofocus system makes use of a lightweight focusing group for quick and quiet performance that benefits both photo and video applications. Additionally, the lens also has an all-metal housing and is weather-sealed for use in inclement weather conditions.
- Ultra wide-angle prime is designed for full-frame-format Canon EF-mount DSLRs, however, can also be used with APS-C models where it provides a 22.6mm equivalent focal length.
- Bright f/2.8 maximum aperture is well-suited to working in challenging lighting conditions and benefits astrophotography applications.
- One extra-low dispersion element helps to reduce colour fringing and chromatic aberrations for notable clarity and colour accuracy.
- Two aspherical and four high refractive index elements minimise distortion and spherical aberrations to achieve high sharpness and accurate rendering.
- An Ultra Multi-Coating has been applied to individual elements to reduce flare and ghosting for increased contrast and a neutral colour balance.
- Rounded, seven-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.
- Dedicated AF/MF switch is available for quickly changing between focusing methods.
- Durable, all-metal lens construction is weather-sealed for use in trying environmental conditions.
- Integrated lens hood helps to block stray light from causing flare or ghosting and provides additional protection to the front element.
Lens Format Coverage : Full Frame Lenses
Lens Type : Ultra-Wide Angle
Focus Type : Autofocus
Image Stabilisation : No
Maximum Aperture : f/2.8
Minimum Aperture : f/22
Lens Series : Samyang
Zoom/Primes : Prime Lenses
Colour : Black
Filter Size : None
Kit : No
Lens Dimensions (D x L) : 90.5 x 95.6 mm
Weight : 0.485000