X-T5 features fifth-generation devices, back-illuminated 40.2MP sensor "X-Trans™ CMOS 5 HR"' 1 and the high-speed image processing engine "X-Processor 5," in its compact body which is smaller and lighter than the previous model'2 , as well as advanced features including the 5-axis in-body image stabilisation of up to 7.0 stops'3 This is the new standard camera for still photography, delivering superior performance and mobility.
Performance enhancement achieved in the X-T5 include improved image quality, IS0125 as a standard sensitivity, the fastest shutter speed of 1/180,000 sec and the use of Pixel Shift Multi-Shot to expand photographic variations. Other features include the Smooth Skin Eff ect, Subject Detection AF capable of detecting animals, birds, cars, motorcycles, bicycles, planes, and trains, and Al-based high-precision auto white balance, assisting users in producing high quality images.
The camera inherits X-T Series' signature center viewfinder style and dial operation design. A 1 .84-million dot three-way tilting LCD screen is a new addition, making it more comfortable than ever before to shoot in vertical position or at waist level. These extensive array of performance and features is packed into a
557g body*4 , which is even lighter and more compact than the previous model. The X-T5 will be a perfect
companion to cover a wide variety of photographic genres from street and documentary photography, in which its portability is a major asset, to landscape and portraiture photography, which demand superior image quality. Other f eatures that add comfort to the user experience include the ability to record 1 O-bit
4:2:2 video at 6.2K/30P, the viewfinder magnification of 0.8x, 3.69-million-dot EVF and dual SO-card slots.
"The new X-T5 camera offers photographers that classic X-T Series design and love of using dials combined with the latest technology whilst also being compact and lightweight', said Shaun Mah, General Manager of the Electronic Imaging & Optical Devices Division of FUJI FILM Australia. "This camera also qualifies for our 3 Year Warranty, giving photographers peace of mind whilst capturing that decisive moment," added Mah.
- X-Trans™ is a trademark or registered trademark of FUJIFILM Corporation.
- Mirrorless digital camera "FUJIFILM X-T4"
- When the FUJINON Lens XF35mmF1.4 R is mounted
- Inc luding battery and memory card
Fujifilm X-T5 Product Features
1. Featuring the 40.2MP X-Trans™ CMOS 5 HR sensor and the high-speed X-Processor 5 image processing engine to deliver the highest image quality and resolving performance in the history of the X Series
- The X-T5 features the back-illuminated 40.2MP sensor "X-Trans™ CMOS 5 HR." The use of an improved image processing algorithm delivers advanced image resolution without compromising the S/N ratio to achieve superior image quality. The X-Trans™ CMOS 5 HR sensor can take in more light efficiently thanks to its improved pixel structure. IS0125, which was an extended ISO level in the previous model, is now available as a standard option. And exposure time is controlled in high precision, allowing users to set the shutter speed as fast as 1/180,000 sec. This means large aperture lenses can be used wide open in a greater variety of conditions.
- This camera features the Pixel Shift Multi-Shot function, which quadruples image resolution and produces accurate colour reproduction, ideal for commercial photography and digital archiving of cultural assets. The IBIS mechanism is used to shift the image sensor at high precision to carry out automatic shooting of 20 frames in a single click of the shutter. The dedicated software "Pixel Shift Combiner" processes the captured frames to generate an image containing approx. 160 million pixels.
- The Smooth Skin Effect, which automatically smooths the skin tone, is also featured, reducing post processing workload required in portrait photography so that images can be finished at an advanced level of perfection much quicker than ever before.
- The X-T5 features Auto White Balance based on Deep Learning technology. AI technology has boosted the camera's ability to automatically determine white balance, by accurately recognising warm light colour.
- The X-T5 comes with 19 Film Simulation modes, including "Nostalgic Neg.," characterised by high saturation and soft tonality. Users can use Film Simulation presets, designed for various subject types and scenes, as if they were choosing photographic film.
- The X-T5 supports the HEIF image format, which delivers 1O-bit image quality in files up to 30% smaller than standard JPEGs straight out of camera.
2. Hardware. design and operability that provides powerful support for content creation
- The X-T5 features the 5-axis in-body image stabilisation of up to 7.0 stops. Users can shoot hand held even in low light conditions such as nightscape photography. The IBIS mechanism is also used to shift the camera's image sensor in high precision to facilitate the Pixel Shift Multi-Shot function.
- The subject detection AF; based on Deep Learning technology, can detect animals, birds, cars, motorcycles, airplanes and trains with AI technology. The system automatically tracks a subject while maintaining focus, so that users can concentrate on shutter opportunities and framing.
- The X-Trans™ CMOS 5 HR sensor has a greater number of phase detection pixels than the previous model, resulting in an improved ability to attain AF-S focus on a high frequency subject, providing accurate autofocusing in situations where AF-S is typically used, such as landscape photography and portraiture. The use of an improved AF prediction algorithm offer s stable focusing also in the AF-C mode.
- The X-T5 features three dials on the top panel for controlling ISO, shutter speed and exposure compensation. Users can check and change camera settings even before powering on, as with the case of the aperture ring, featured on most XF lenses.
- A new feature of the camera is the 1.84-million-dot three-way tilting LCD. It makes it easy to shoot in vertical position or at waist level, allowing photographers to shoot at various angles.
- The camera is equipped with a high magnification 3.69-million-dot EVF with 0.8x magnification.
Compared to the previous model, the viewfinder has improved suppression of parallax and distortion, which typically occurs when an eye position becomes displaced while using the viewfinder.
- Evolved IBIS mechanism and other parts, including EVF, has resulted in a compact body that weighs just 557g. Optimised operability of dials and buttons has led to a reduced form factor and coupled with the camera's weather resistant structure allows photographers to use the X T5 in any conditions with peace of mind.
3. Featuring extended video functions
- 6.2K movies can be recorded internally at 30P in 4:2:2 10-bit colour. X-T5 features the 4K HO mode, which uses 6.2K over-sampling to produce high quality video, while taking advantage of the high resolution sensor to deliver video in superior image resolution.
- X-T5 supports F-Log2, which records an expanded dynamic range of 13+ stops. This range is wider than current F-Log, broadening post-production potential.
- When combined with an Atomos HDMI device, the RAW video output from the X-T5 can be recorded as 12-bit Apple ProRes RAW'5 at frame sizes up to 6.2K and frame rates up to 29.97fps. And when combined with Blackmagic Design Video Assist 12Gs, the RAW video output from the camera can be recorded as Blackmagic RAW at frame sizes up to 6.2K and frame rates up to 29.97fps.
*5 Apple ProRes is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the United States and other countries.
Hand grip "MHG-XT5" (designed for the X-T5)
This grip substantially improves users' ability to hand-hold the camera when a large-aperture lens is mounted. The hand grip does not have to be removed to change a battery or SD card. The base can be used as a plate compatible with the Area-Swiss quick release system.