A unique lens with a distinctly bright design, the Leica DG Vario-Summilux 10-25mm f/1.7 ASPH. from Panasonic is a 20-50mm-equivalent zoom for Micro Four Thirds mirrorless cameras. The impressively fast f/1.7 constant maximum aperture enables improved depth of field control and low-light shooting capabilities throughout the zoom range. Balancing the impressive f/1.7 performance, the optical design incorporates a series of low dispersion, aspherical, and high refractive index elements, which help to greatly reduce chromatic and spherical aberrations for improved clarity and sharpness. Complementing the optics, this lens is also characterized by its durable, weather-sealed physical design, along with a fast autofocus system, versatile focusing clutch design, and a stepless, de-clicked aperture ring to suit video applications.
- Wide-to-normal zoom is designed for Micro Four Thirds mirrorless cameras and offers a 20-50mm equivalent focal length range.
- Impressively bright f/1,7 constant maximum aperture excels in low-light conditions throughout the zoom range and also offers improved depth of field control.
- Three aspherical elements, four extra-low dispersion elements, and one ultra high-refractive index element all combine to suppress color fringing, chromatic aberrations, and spherical aberrations for high clarity, sharpness, and color accuracy.
- Fast 240 fps autofocus drive, along with an internal focusing system, delivers smooth, accurate, and quiet focusing performance to benefit both stills and video applications. Additionally, a focus clutch mechanism delivers especially quick AF/MF switching.
- Physical aperture ring has a stepless, de-clicked design for smooth, silent aperture switching to benefit video applications.
- Splash, dust, and freezeproof design benefits working in inclement weather conditions.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a smooth and pleasing bokeh quality.