A specialised, ultra-wide angle zoom, the HD PENTAX-D FA 15-30mm f/2.8 ED SDM WR Lens from Pentax offers full-frame shooters an excellent f/2.8 constant aperture to allow for exceptional control over depth of field and the ability to work in low-light conditions. It uses ED glass elements to reduce aberrations and features an HD multi-layer coating to limit flare and ghosting. Operation is fast, with a Supersonic Direct-Drive Motor (SDM) for autofocus and it has a Quick-Shift focus system for switching between auto and manual focusing. And, it can focus down to 11inch for convenience.
Ensuring optimal performance on Pentax DSLRs, the lens is fully dust- and weather-resistant with eight seals to protect from intrusion. This is assisted by the use of a Super Protect coating on the bulbous front element as well as an integrated lens hood for minimal damage in case of an accident. Additionally, it has a 9-bladed rounded diaphragm for smooth out-of-focus elements.
- Covering ultra-wide to wide-angle perspectives, this 15-30mm zoom offers a unique option for full-frame K-mount Pentax DSLRs and is also compatible with APS-C models, where it will provide a 23-46mm equivalent focal length range.
- Constant f/2.8 maximum aperture maintains consistent performance throughout the zoom range and also contributes to greater selective focus control.
- ED glass elements are featured in the lens design and help to control chromatic aberrations and reduce colour fringing for increased clarity and colour fidelity.
- The High Definition (HD) multi-layer coating is utilised to reduce reflections, flare, and ghosting for improved contrast and colour in more trying lighting conditions.
- Super Protect coating and integrated lens hood help keep the optics safe in the event of accidental impact or when it comes in contact with water or dust.
- Supersonic Direct-Drive Motor (SDM) ensures fast, quiet, and smoother autofocus operation.
- A rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality when employing shallow depth of field techniques. It is completely rounded between f/2.8-4 when at 15mm and between f/2.8-5.6 when at 30mm.
- A weather-resistant design features eight seals which better permit working in inclement conditions.