Perfectly sleek and portable, the HD Pentax-FA 35mm f/2 from Pentax is a compact wide-angle prime offering a bright f/2 maximum aperture to suit working in a variety of lighting conditions. The optical design utilizes one aspherical element to reduce spherical aberrations and distortion for high sharpness, and an HD Coating has also been applied to suppress flare and ghosting for increased contrast and color accuracy. Additionally, the front element features an SP Coating to help repel water and oils in order to maintain clarity.
- Wide-angle 35mm f/2 lens is designed for full-frame Pentax K-mount cameras, however can also be used with APS-C models where it provides a 53.5mm equivalent focal length.
- Bright f/2 maximum aperture benefits working in low-light conditions and also affords significant control over depth of field for working with selective focus techniques.
- One aspherical element helps to suppress spherical aberrations and distortion for a high degree of sharpness and accurate rendering.
- HD Coating has been applied to individual elements to minimize ghosting and flare for greater contrast and color neutrality when working in strong lighting conditions.
- SP (Super Protect) Coating has also been applied to the front element to guard against moisture and grease.