An impressive wide-angle prime for Nikon F-mount DSLRs, the Milvus 15mm f/2.8 ZF.2 from ZEISS utilizes a Distagon optical concept to control distortion and produce sharp, clean imagery with a dynamic perspective. A floating elements system is also employed for consistent performance throughout the aperture range while five anomalous partial dispersion glass elements and a pair of aspherical elements are featured to control chromatic and spherical aberrations for increased clarity and sharpness. For minimizing flare and ghosting, an enhanced ZEISS T* anti-reflective coating has been applied to benefit working in difficult lighting conditions.
Its manual focus design is complemented by a rubberized focus ring for fine-tuned, precise control over your focus position. This ZF.2 lens also features a manual aperture ring that can be manually de-clicked for silent, stepless switching between aperture setting to benefit video applications. Additionally, Milvus-series lenses also feature an equally aesthetic and durable frosted, anodized metal lens-barrel surface along with a weather-sealed construction to protect against dust and moisture.
- This 15mm f/2.8 lens is designed for FX-format Nikon F-mount DSLRs, and can also be used with DX models where it will provide a 22.5mm equivalent focal length
- Distagon optical design incorporates five anomalous partial dispersion elements to greatly control distortions and chromatic aberrations, as well as color fidelity and clarity. Additionally, two aspherical elements are featured to minimize spherical aberrations for improved sharpness.
- Floating elements system maintains consistent performance when working with both close-up and distant subjects.
- Enhanced ZEISS T* anti-reflective coating controls ghosting and flare for high contrast, color-neutral imagery.
- Wide-angle perspective pairs with a minimum focusing distance of 9.8" for exaggerating foreground subjects and creating a broad sense of space.
- Manual focus design is benefitted by laser-engraved focusing and depth of field scales, along with an IR position dot and hard stops at both infinity and minimum focusing positions.
- The manual aperture ring has clicked indicators throughout aperture range. Using the included De-Click Tool, this ring can be mechanically 'de-clicked' for smooth, silent rotation throughout the aperture range; making it ideal for video applications.
- Weather-resistant construction includes internal seals to guard against dust and moisture as well as a blue sealing ring at the lens mount to protect the lens-camera interface.
- All-metal lens barrel has a frosted, anodized surface along with a rubberized focusing ring for both durability and improved tactile control.